Our client is a global leader in anti-piracy and software license compliance and are now seeking to recruit a Software Engineering Manager for their Dublin development office.
They provide SaaS based anti-piracy, license compliance and software monetization technology for the world’s leading software companies. Their data-driven approach to software utilization enables technology companies to derive more value while protecting their intellectual property (IP).
Their products help clients make informed business decisions, correct licensing problems, and protect customers from unfair competition. Their innovative technologies organize, analyze, and interpret telemetry data into meaningful market insights and quality lead generation.'
As Engineering Manager, you will guide multiple engineering teams to evolve existing product capabilities and developing new products for the company.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Engineering Manager. Experience managing the development of both cloud based SaaS solutions and Enterprise software products is highly desirable. A broad experience with a wide variety of technologies is also desirable.
- Responsibility for managing the entire software development life-cycle (SDLC) from prototyping to productisation.
- Technical project management: Co-ordinate the development activities of multiple teams working on separate products and system components.
- Work closely with both product management and the development teams to deliver the product backlog using Agile methodologies.
- Recruit and retain top-tier engineers.
- Manage the performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures.
- Plan and support career development of engineering team members.
- Nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Encourage and promote the development of innovative solutions.
- The role may require occasional business travel.
Experience / Skills:
- BSc in Computer Science or other equivalent technical/engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Engineering Manager – managing multiple development teams.
- Broad technical knowledge of a wide variety of software development technologies.
- Experience leading multiple distributed development teams.
- Experience managing AWS Cloud based solution development.
- Experience managing enterprise software product development also desirable.
- Experience managing Agile development projects.
- Knowledge of building secure cloud based and enterprise software solutions.
- Knowledge of working within an Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) process based development environment, e.g. ISO27000.
- Excellent organization, time management, and project leadership skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- You must possess a blend of business and technical savvy skills; a big-picture vision, and the drive and know how to make that vision a reality.
- You must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively to accomplish your objectives in a geographically dispersed working environment.
- You will manage multiple engineering teams, both local and remote, to define and develop new and existing products.
- You must be a highly motivated self-starter, versatile team player and a leader who can drive objectives to completion across an organization.
- You must demonstrate a commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
Authorization to work in the Republic of Ireland is required for this position.