In line with the Trust strategy on Information Management and vision for Business Intelligence, the post-holder will be expected to provide specialist data extraction, analysis and presentation skills using programming tools such as structured query languages and visualisation software. They will be required to take a key role in the support of the Business Intelligence function and the delivery of ICT projects to the Trust. They will develop and maintain effective communication networks with all stakeholders and undertake tasks assigned to them by the Information Systems Project Manager.
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide the routine maintenance and support for the NHSCT local data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions to ensure continuity of service for users.
* Take the lead in allocated areas of development to either enhance existing Business Intelligence applications and dashboards or to develop new; employing best practice processes for development.
* Provide system and user documentation for any solutions implemented; design and deliver training and provide support to users when required.
* Manage project work ensuring that outputs are delivered on time, to standard and within budget.
* Gain an understanding of the underlying database structures of Trust systems particularly the modern systems with complex datasets. Work with System Managers and Service Managers to understand the linkages between database structures and the identified Business Intelligence requirements (including those required for monitoring data quality).
* Provide ways of extracting data from systems that are automated and suitable for further analysis by users. Promote efficient and effective processes for leveraging information.
* Analyse and test the extracted data to ensure that the information provided is accurate and meets requirements.
* Exploit the potential of current Business Intelligence technologies in use within the Trust.
* Employ the principles of good information governance ensuring data security is maintained, as outlined in the Trust's ICT Security Policy.
* Provide specialist advice on data and/or reporting to users and information teams, including the extraction and manipulation of historical data from systems that are being replaced.
* Assist with the specification and development of interfaces between systems, particularly in relation to database structures.
* Communicate effectively at all levels, including with system suppliers and regional groups on technical data related issues.
* Research new technology in the area of database analysis, query and visualisation tools.
a) A University Degree or postgraduate qualification or recognised equivalent qualification in an ICT Discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
2 years' experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures, including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
b) HND or a recognised equivalent professional qualification in an ICT Discipline, Engineering or Mathematics.
3 years' experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures, including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
) 5 years' experience of interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures including the development of complex technical interfaces between database systems. Experience of system support/management essential.
In addition to a) or b) or c) applicants must have:
2 years' practical experience of the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and intranets / internet.
 A complex database/dataset is defined as a multi-table/file database with numerous linkages or a dataset across multiple databases.
 To facilitate analysis, presentation of data and creating reports
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Stephen Crawford by clicking on the link.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer