Java Developer – Contract
My client is a globally recognised financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a Java Developer to join their growing Dublin team.
Apply for the Java Developer role above or contact Helen Gillbanks for more information.
Responsibilities of the Java Developer role:
• Partner with multiple teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
• Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
• Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
• Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
• Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
• Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Required Skills and Experience for the Java Developer role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree preferredProficient in industry standard best practices such as Design Patterns, Coding Standards, Coding modularity, Prototypes etc.
• 10+ years of JEE experience with strong fundamentals in developing web applications, multi-threading and resource management activities
• 6+ year of experience developing web applications using Java 8, Spring 4+
• Experience working with SOA & Micro-services utilizing REST, SOAP etc.
• Experience in RDBMS. NoSQL experience is a plus
• Minimal experience working with Linux and scripting
• Experience in automated testing using JUnit, Mockito
• Recent experience with modern UI development using Angular v4, 5, 6, or 7 is a plus
• Experience working with Eclipse & Git workflows and code review
• Experience working in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and familiar with Jenkins, TeamCity, Code Quality Tools - SonarQube, etc.
• Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for Agile & Waterfall methodologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
#Java #J2EE #Spring #REST #SOAP #Junit If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)