Senior DevOps Engineer – Azure
My client is a self-organising, multi-disciplinary, full stack development team who pride themselves having a work environment that promotes innovation, motivates, and is friendly/fun in equal measures. My Client is seeking individuals who are self-motivated, team players who enjoy both technical and creative challenges within a fast-paced agile environment. They are currently on the hunt for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team.
Apply for the Senior DevOps Engineer role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior DevOps Engineer role:
• Leading technical direction within the team in terms of infrastructure and DevOps and best practices in relation to Infrastructure as code and Cloud platform infrastructure.
• Working in a large team with a long-term goal of delivering a new platform for our core business
• Redesigning and re-implementing legacy systems using cloud-based services to meet our rapidly growing need for horizontal scaling
• Actively participating in agile ceremonies (Backlog refinement, Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
• Providing valuable insights in design reviews and code reviews.
• Being available out-of-business hours for production support (level 2-3) on a rotational basis.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior DevOps Engineer role:
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
• A strong desire to learn and improve.
• The ability to influence software engineering best practices within your team.
• From a technical perspective we do require a degree in computer science and your experience should also include a minimum of 5 years development experience through the entire life cycle of an enterprise application. At least 2 years of this should include practical experience of working in a DevOps role.
Advantageous Skills and Experience for the Senior DevOps Engineer role:
• Terraform or similar IaC tooling
• Ansible, Powershell DSC and similar configuration tooling
• Azure (AZ Cli, Portal)
• Azure Devops/VSTS (Boards, Pipelines, Repositories, Artifacts, Test Plans)
• .NET Core
• Bash, Powershell
• Nuget, Npm
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Senior DevOps Engineer role:
• Experience with AWS or GCP
• Typescript, Angular and Cypress
• Experience with specific Azure services we use:
• Azure Active Directory
• Application Gateway
• Application Insights
• Log Analytics
• Key Vault
• Storage Account
• App Service
• Container Registry
• Container Instances
• Kubernetes Service
• Azure SQL
• Cosmos DB
• Service Bus
• Event Hubs
• Experience using or managing Kubernetes
• Experience with managing monitoring and alerting
• Experience developing CI and CD pipelines
#DevOps #Azure #Engineer #Git #.NetCoreIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)