Datacenter Infrastructure Engineer
This is a permanent position based onsite with our client in Waterford.
- The Datacenter Engineer will provide architecture, engineering and administrative support to a specific Technology Infrastructure tower (examples: Datacenter Management, VMWare ESX, or Microsoft Windows/AD/Group Policy) within our clients Technology Infrastructure environment.
- Work closely with Infrastructure management as part of a global team, a Datacenter Engineer is responsible for the stability, security, monitoring, and troubleshooting of these technologies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the datacenter and foundational Infrastructure (server compute, storage, memory) components.
- Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to create and support innovative solutions.
- Contribute to projects by creating and implementing well-designed, documented solutions.
- Maintaining architecture and engineering skills required to support the assign platforms/towers.
- Create and support technology infrastructure environments that enable cloud-based solutions.
- Document and support other team members in support of the assigned platform/tower.
- Occasionally participate in on-call rotations and/or provide after-hours support.
- Collaborate with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers.
- Other duties as required to support continued success for internal stakeholders and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-7 years of experience within the Technology Infrastructure field.
- Relevant industry certifications (example: Microsoft, Citrix, ITIL, etc).
- Multiple years of experience with common Infrastructure technologies like:
- VMWare ESX
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Amazon AWS
- Experience racking and cabling enterprise hardware, maintaining rack diagrams, and administering tape systems.
- Ideal candidates will have proficiency with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption and digital signature); SSL; firewalls; multi-protocol gateways; support databases (Oracle and MS SQL); storage and networking integration; planning, testing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and supporting technologies to troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office
- Excellent work ethic. Ability to work and travel independently.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Effective troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team.
Come join our client, a recognized leader in third-party administration and experience a global, fast paced, fun and rewarding work environment.
They offer excellent career progression and competitive compensation and great benefits including health insurance, incentive/bonus payments, tuition reimbursement, fitness membership, and more.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.