Level 1 Technical Engineer
In this Level 1 Technical Engineer position you will be responsible for providing technical assistance across all clients in our Managed Services Department.
· Provide premium quality phone, email and remote support for customer servers to diagnose and resolve technical issues
· Logging calls (tickets) and keeping records of customer queries
· Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems.
· Updating helpdesk documentation so that support information is available and current for each customer
· Testing and fixing faulty equipment
· PC builds and installations
· Execute any activities assigned
· Monitor and control any activities assigned
· Communicate activities updates to Service Delivery Manager and fellow Managed Services team members (& Project Team members when applicable)
· Complete timesheets daily
· An ability to communicate verbally and via email with all customers in simple and understanding manner
· An understanding of the business impact of ICT Systems and devices
· An ability to follow through and close out all issues to customers’ satisfaction
· An ability to assess each user’s IT knowledge levels
· Being able to work under pressure
· An ability to think logically
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Good interpersonal and customer care skills
· Good accurate records keeping
· Willingness to learn in a fast paced environment
· Professional and flexible attitude
About PFH Technology Group
Founded in 1985 in Cork, which is maintained by some of our employees to be the real capital, PFH is Ireland’s leading, indigenous ICT Solutions Provider, supplying centrally supported and managed ICT solutions to our wide range of Public and Private sector clients. We are also the largest, independent provider of infrastructure services and the most experienced end-to-end provider of voice, data and IT services.
PFH was named as one of Ireland’s Best Managed companies in the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Awards programme 2018 & 2019. We are positioned as a trusted partner who can provide expertise and support in technology by maintaining partnerships at the highest level with key technology leader’s such as Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Dell/EMC, HP & Lenovo.
Our client base, of almost 1,500 organisations is served from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway, where we currently employ circa 350 employees with 250+ engineers nationwide and counting.
So why work with us?
We pride ourselves in our work and delivery of results for our clients.
Your knowledge is nurtured and through access to further job specific training you can grow further too.
PFH has a collaborative working environment where we are working together toward a shared goal.