itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Cloud Platform Automation Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of our client’s cloud development and engineering team within the wider Cloud Centre of Excellence. The Cloud Centre of Excellence is a cross-functional team responsible for developing and managing our client’s cloud strategy, governance and best practices that the rest of the organization can leverage to transform the business using the cloud.
As part of the CCoE, the Cloud Platform Automation Engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end ownership and delivery of public cloud services. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling and maximizing our client’s ability to exploit cloud for business benefits, while ensuring customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, operational integrity and adherence to relevant industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have strong relevant public cloud development and “infrastructure as code” engineering experience, and have the ability to exploit their cloud knowledge to enable automating processes across operational, functional and security activities. You will be provided with guidance and training to facilitate your development within this role, however prior knowledge and practical experience working with public cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud etc.) and “infrastructure as code” software (Terraform) is a distinct advantage.
- Cloud product management – managing the cloud product release pipeline, developing and deploying cloud-based services and applications using infrastructure as code
- Help projects to adopt cloud technologies, supporting them in defining requirements, building prototypes, proof of concept environments
- Deploy services and environments using infrastructure as code
- Work closely with internal and external business stakeholders to implement the right workload into the right cloud environment, aligned to our client’s smart cloud adoption strategy
- Enable automation where required and where it delivers real benefit
- Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design for our client’s wider IT teams
- Drive service delivery improvements with external partners/ suppliers based on project and operational run requirements
- Review and continually improve the end to end engagement model for the Cloud Centre of Excellence, responding and adapting to the organisation’s needs in a flexible, proactive manner
- Experience of managing public/ private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment
- College degree or diploma in a relevant field of study e.g. computer science
- Experience writing code in at least one of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile environment
- Familiarity with version control platforms e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
- Troubleshooting experience in virtual/ cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated certifications
- Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate scripting
- Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness checks
- Proficient in the use of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.