My client is one of the country’s major software development organisations who employs a wide range of technologies providing consultancy and leading-edge software solutions to a verity of clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail and public sector markets. They are currently seeking a Release Co-Ordinator to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, scheduling and controlling a software build.
Apply for the Release Co-Ordinator role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Release Co-Ordinator role:
• Prepare release builds in Java and Control-M and build new projects before a release.
• Support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to control test and production environments.
• Verify that releases are deployed correctly and monitor code migration between environments.
• Monitor JIRA to track and maintain the status of all scheduled releases.
• Create planned and emergency release builds and implementation plans.
• Provide team with issues and resolution steps taken during Monthly Enterprise release weekends.
• Work with Change Management to ensure Change Tickets (ServiceNow) are correct and have the required paperwork in place.
• Submit release builds for monthly security scanning (Veracode and Qualys).
• Improve the process of building and deploying artefacts to test and production environments (automate builds and scans).
• Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
• Support software configuration management policies and procedures
Required Skills and Experience for the Release Co-Ordinator role:
• Git and Git branches
• Unix and/or Linux platforms
• Mobile app deployment (Apple & Android)
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Release Co-Ordinator role:
• Experience in SDLC methodologies/software development/release/process and configuration management
• Experience in Java or Control-M programming desired but not essential
• May need to be flexible in respect of work hours:
• May require some late evenings to prepare builds/implementation plans/ Change Tickets
• Support Monthly Enterprise releases which involves working one Sunday in four approx. (Time in lieu will be given for supporting Monthly releases)
• Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills including attention to detail
• Ability to communicate to both dev and management
• Third level IT or related qualification
• Articulate, confident, self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Innovative problem solver
#ReleaseCoOrdinator #Java #Mobile #Android #Unix #Linux #GitIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)