Our client is a leading global brand currently looking for Java Enterprise Edition Lead Developers for their Software Campus in the Midlands of Ireland.
Are you a passionate Lead Java Developer working with Java Enterprise Edition . Our client is looking for you to lead a team of Java Developers building scalable, highly available network management features for 5G networks, working as part of a cross functional team, developing full stack features in an agile environment. You will be driving the use of latest technologies such as JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Cloud (Kubernetes, Openstack, KVM) in a CI/CD development environment.
This role is based in Athlone, Ireland.
* A proven track record in technical leadership in a Java development team
* Practical experience of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering
* Hands-on experience of configuration, deployment and optimization of at least one major JEE Application Server is required (JBoss EAP 7/Wildfly is an advantage) and troubleshooting JEE applications at scale
* Written tests in TDD/BDD fashion with unit test (JUnit), integration (Arquillian/Cucumber) and Black Box
* Hands-on experience with EJB 3.x (SLSB, SFSB) and JMS in general (Apache ActiveMQ preferred)
It's an advantage if you have:
* Experience building API's with REST and/or SOA
* Knowledge of JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, CDI, JEE security
* Experience with distributed caching (Coherence, Infinispan, JGroups)
* Knowledge of Linux Packaging (RPM) and Cloud deployment (KVM, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
* Worked with a relational and/or graph database (Postgres and/or Neo4J) and other NoSQL systems
* Built EARs and WARs with Maven or Gradle build tool
What do we offer:
* A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
* 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment, short commute!
* We're a diverse bunch, over 60 nationalities on-site. Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
* Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with inhouse training and financial support for external study
* Dynamic 600+ member sports and social club run activities & subsidized theatre, movie, swimming tickets
* Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers before they go live
* Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
* Laptop and mobile phone, tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
* Athlone is located beside a beautiful lake and an hour from Galway or Dublin