Job Title: Senior Database Developer
The role required is to design, develop and implement a master data management programme. These layers include data security, data transfer and consumption, and data quality processing, so that record data can be shared securely, maintained accurately and issued reliably.
In addition to the core development, a major part of this role will involve facilitating planning and design discussions with other necessary technical stakeholders.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Identify interfaces required between different application layers and establish solutions to fulfil the requirements
- Analysis of stated business requirements and provision of input into problem solving design
- Input into approach and scope planning for development and testing
- Identification of inputs required (analysis and design, technical components, documentation sources etc)
- Engagement with necessary technical stakeholders to align design to the business needs and available technical options
- Selection of appropriate technologies and framework needed
- Identification of required database design and schema changes
- Identification of required infrastructure requirements to support solution.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of national and international messaging and coding standards
- Production of a design specification document for migration, data processing and data quality initiatives
- Development of integration layers or modules.
- Messaging validation and data driven design
- Implementation of identified standards relating to messaging, data, security, data classification, privacy or legal constraints where feasible
- Maintaining and developing datasets and data models in compliance with national and international standards
- Providing technical and software support for all elements of data and information security and business intelligence
- Production of test approach, schedule, cases, integrity checks etc.
- Testing of software and data models throughout the development process and pre-release stages and regression testing of cumulative upgrades
- Collaboration with partners responsible for different elements of delivery
Reporting and other support
- Production of test reports, KPI analysis and data validation
- Status reporting and escalation of identified or anticipated issues
- Review, response and implementation of change requests to agreed scope
- Carrying out any further implementations / updates to software / applications or service standards as requested and directed by technical leads.
- Support for information security queries and formulation of changes / responses to any identified items and semantic interoperability
- Development of technical guidance documentation as needed for delivery partners.
- Engaging with leads to ensure alignment of the functionality or operations with wider Business requirements
Must clearly demonstrate following criteria:
- Minimum of 7 years experience at a senior level in ICT implementation projects and/or supporting the operations of ICT systems.
Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of at least 3 of the following:
- Systems integration and data processing
- Software development and automated testing tools
Strong background in;
- Data architecture and database design
- IT and information security
- Software development and project lifecycle
Technical experience in the following
- SQL, PL\SQL, T-SQL
- C#, MVC, Asp.Net
- SQL Server, Oracle, VBA
- IIS, RESTful APIs and Cloud infrastructure
- HL7 V 2, 3 , and FHIR
- Extensive solution architecture and technical design experience
- Relevant Integration Architecture experience or knowledge
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative and fresh ideas.
- Experience of working collaboratively with stakeholders and partners to ensure that the impact of projects are maximised.
- The ability to manage flexible plans and adapt rapidly to change