Our Client in Galway has an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to work in a new delivery team. The team is responsible for designing, developing & implementing products that enable their Digital Marketing partners.
We are looking for:
* a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent and you want to learn more.
* min 10 years of design & development experience
* strong Java/JEE, Spring, AngularJS, RESTful Services, Cloud, Test and Deployment technologies, AWS, Kubernetes
* candidates passionate about good API practices, Domain design, Clean Code, Microservices
You will be the technical lead member of a co-located scrum team (made up of other software engineers, quality assurance engineers and systems analysts) responsible for delivering key customer features.
You will deliver high quality, timely, cost-effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements. You will also actively contribute to evangelize engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
You should have a strong experience working with the product owner, technical leads and architect and be able to actively participate in technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
If you are versatile, always eager to take on new problems, able to work independently as well as collaboratively and you have a positive 'can-do' approach to teamwork - we want to hear from you!!
* You always make sure that you are doing excellent work with excellent people
* excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to run with multiple tasks at a given time.
* Ability to provide technical guidance to your team. Help to improve engineering, architectural and coding standards.
* You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly and actively contributing to how work gets completed.
* You are able to act independently under general direction
Clicking the "Apply Now" button means that you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, carried out by QPTech in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. You also agree to share your personal data with other entities of QPTech and potential employers for purposes related to the recruitment process. QPTech may also contact you from time to time to inform you of events we are hosting that you may find interesting.
Providing data is voluntary, you have the right to inspect, correct or request deletion of your data at any time. A request to delete data means withdrawal from any further engagement in QPTech's recruitment processes and will result in the immediate deletion of your data. If you do not agree, please do not click the "Apply Now" button.