Junior Network Architect- Kerry
We are currently looking for candidates with approx 3 years voice and data network design experience to join our client's Kerry based team. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in this space. The following personality traits are essential:
We look for:
* Be a leader and make tough decision when needed.
* Experience in a development environment and development processes.
* Experience with development and execution of a project plan.
* Proven ability to "influence" both technical, business, and operations customers/partners to drive toward the vision/plan set by the candidate.
* Good intercommunication sills (written, verbal, interpersonal).
* Be a self starter, quick learner, willing to take initiative but ask for help when needed
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
* Show a minimum of 3 years of experience in voice and data network design, engineering, administration and performance tuning
* Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Communicate with people in the interest of letting them know what's going on - you like transparency and are up front about things that go right--and things that go wrong.
* Think about the big picture - the ability to understand how the whole system works is critical!
* Be open-minded and like to share ideas in the interest of educating and being educated.
* Be willing to take on new responsibilities and follow-thru on the ones you've already committed to.
* Have understanding of the following is REQUIRED: Layer 2 switching protocols / topologies (Ethernet, VLAN, STP). Layer 3 routing protocols: BGP and OSPF.
* Experience with the following technology is a plus:
1 Cisco switches.
2 Technologies/Protocols: TCP/IP, IPv6, NAT, 802.1X / NAC, etc.
3 VPN Config.
4 Windows, AIX, and Linux Operating Systems.
* Have Project and Program management experience on IT outsourcing and managed services contracts for infrastructure management.
* Have experience in creating and managing the development of infrastructure outsourcing solutions and SOWs.
* Show ability to analyze and resolve complex network issues.
* Show evidence of practical experience in designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, tuning and supporting voice and data networks on large systems providing high availability services and meeting stringent SLAs.
* Show demonstrated ability to coordinate work with multiple organizations, handle multiple projects and deadlines and maintain focus on high priority tasks.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your work experience to date, the skills that you developed there, your personality traits that match this role and why you are interested in developing a career in networking in the Kerry region.