Role: Lead Java Developer
Location: Athlone, Westmeath
We are looking to recruit Senior Java Developers for our global networking client based in Athlone, Westmeath. You will be part of an agile team developing full stack features with the use of the latest technologies (JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Cloud (Kubernetes, Openstack, KVM) in a CI/CD development environment). Our client offers a competitive package, a diverse & inclusive environment with a big focus on work-life balance!
* Proven track record in technical leadership in a Java development team
* Practical experience of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering
* Hands-on experience of configuration, deployment and optimization of at least one major JEE application server is required (JBoss EAP 7/Wildfly is an advantage) and troubleshooting JEE applications at scale
* Written tests in TDD/BDD fashion with unit test (JUnit), integration (Arquillian/Cucumber) and black box
* Hands-on experience with EJB 3.x (SLSB, SFSB) and JMS in general (Apache ActiveMQ preferred)
* Experience building API's with REST and/or SOA
* Knowledge of JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, CDI, JEE security
* Experience with distributed caching (Coherence, Infinispan, JGroups)
* Knowledge of Linux Packaging (RPM) and Cloud deployment (KVM, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
* Worked with a relational and/or graph database (Postgres and/or Neo4J) and other NoSQL systems
* Built EARs and WARs with Maven or Gradle build tool
Please apply with your updated CV and I will reach back out to you shortly with feedback on your application.