My Client is a globally recognised financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their growing Dublin team. The successful candidate will work alongside support teams across the globe.
Apply for the DevOps Engineer role above or contact Helen Gillbanks for more information.
Responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer role:
• Install, supports and maintains Citi’s core funds services platform as part of a global team.
• Ensure high-availability and low risk for assigned applications. Partake in regular contingency testing of assigned applications. Core applications have an uptime requirement greater than 24/5.
• Consult with users, colleagues and other technology groups on issues, analysing, evaluating and recommending/implementing solutions.
• Take a lead role in planning and overseeing application upgrades for assigned application branches, partnering closely with Operations & Technology colleagues.
• Partners with Citi’s support teams and the vendor’s support & development teams The core application is a vendor platform and the successful candidate will provide early Level 3 support.
• Use knowledge of application development/support procedures and concepts to identify and define necessary system enhancements. This will include using scripting tools and analysing/interpreting processes or code
• Serve as advisor or coach to new or junior analysts within the team
• Analyse application vulnerabilities and resolve in a timely manner
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Required Skills and Experience for the DevOps Engineer role:
• Relevant experience in some or many of the above areas, ideally within the Financial Services industry
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to think quickly and clearly
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
• Great teammate
• Operating Systems: Windows 2012, WIN 2016, Linux, Aix
• Database: Oracle (ideally) or any RDBMS
• Any of the Scripting Languages, eg Shell-Script, Python, Ruby scripting, PowerShell, Perl scripting
• Middleware technology exposure required, eg. Oracle WebLogic, or others
• Release Tools, eg. uDeploy, or others
• Scheduling Tool, eg. Autosys , or others
• Monitoring, eg ITRS, or others
• Process Management: ITIL, ServiceNow, JIRA
• Exposure to Cloud infrastructure
• ETL Tools
• Exposure to DevOps tools
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
#DevOps #Linux #Python #Ruby #Oracle #ETL
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)