Our client is an Irish internet service provider and telecommunications operator, who provide WiMAX, wireless broadband and resell Eircom telecommunications wholesale packages.
They are currently recruiting a SQL DBA who will be responsible for administration and support of their operations databases, and migration to a new database system. They will also be responsible for data analysis and BI reporting.
* Configure, optimize, and support Microsoft SQL Server relational databases.
* Review, document & enhance data infrastructure built using the Microsoft technology stack.
* Clearly define and document complex technical requirements.
* Troubleshoot and optimise poorly performing or broken SQL stored procedures.
* Work with third-party developers to resolve bespoke application issues.
* Implement database upgrades, backups, restores and replication procedures.
* Work with developers to tune SQL code.
* Support & evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
* Implement business department application requirements including but not limited to reports, data uploads, interface integration.
* Build effective working relationships with business stakeholders and other technical resources.
* Build operational BI reporting solutions and create ad hoc BI reports
* Understand data analysis projects
* Educated to degree level, preferably in an information systems discipline and/or financial systems.
* Strong Database experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later. Later versions are preferred.
* Experience developing complex SQL queries and data integration.
* Experience using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
* Experience in database server design, troubleshooting, backups & replication.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks to specification within required timeframes.
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skill.
Nice to Have(s):
* Knowledge of the telecommunications sector is desirable
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 919389FK
Role: Database Administrator
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent