This role will be a permanent position based in our clients new Cork City office.
* A full complete Job Spec is available on application.
- Unix/Linux administration
- Providing remote support to cloud and datacenter hosted infrastructure
- Support and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Dealing with third party vendors
- Supporting internal service desk
- Working on global projects
- Linux & Windows installations, maintenance, service and resolving break-fix issues
- Supporting LDAP/NIS authentication, NetApp (but not only) storage, virtualized servers/desktops, compute farms, monitoring, LSF, licensing, firewalls, etc.
- Monitoring, licenses, storage and LSF
- Act as an escalation point to service desk that relate to local issues to site
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ continued experience in IT role preferable within multinational.
- Experience managing Linux systems in global environment
- Some experience managing Windows systems in global environment
- Experience with virtualization and cloud solutions
- Experience with configuration management tools and application orchestration using Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools enterprise and/or open source
- Project management experience is highly desirable, plus the ability to drive and own initiatives is essential
- Experience with all aspects of server’s hardware.
- Deep OS and configuration troubleshooting.
- Hands on UNIXLinux infrastructure NFS/LDAP/DNS servers
- Solid understanding HPC cluster management, jobs/queue monitoring, controlling, prioritizing, tracking, tuning and troubleshooting, preferred from EDA or semiconductors industry. IBM LSF knowledge is highly desirable
- A team player who will be a main channel in IT/R&D communication for the Cork site.
- Knowledge application stack like ELK, Grafana, Cacti
- Project oriented engineer who believes that everything is possible
- Excellent communication skills which will be required to engage with senior R&D and IT staff across the globe.
- Ability to understand and dictate R&D needs while architecting the best solution based on given limitations.
- Cloud solutions and architecture knowledge required in order to support needs of local engineer Cloud team.
- Datacentre support experience – FARM technology including DRM (LSF), storage, virtualisation
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with hyper converged solutions specifically Nutanix.
- Background with one or more scripting/automation languages: Perl, Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Network knowledge, ability explain packet sniffer tools, ports and sockets definitions.
- Experience working with enterprise NFS storage solutions would be highly desirable
- Strong background with datacenter support including servers HW
- Hands on HPC/compute farm management with enterprise grid solutions
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.