Be-IT's client is a highly successful and forward thinking company working with an enviable client portfolio and has an excellent reputation for producing world class software solutions. Working from their state-of-the-art R&D facility you will join a team of technical experts that prides itself on delivering top quality technical results for clients.
Developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
There R&D team is growing to support their expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for a C++ Linux Software Engineer to work on our network emulation products. This is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to grow their experience in highly performant software development. The successful candidate will enjoy working within small teams on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment.
Tasks and Skills
* Contributing to the architecture, implementation and evolution of system software to keep it performant, scalable, flexible and maintainable as requirements evolve.
* Estimating timescales based on an outline of the implementation and then developing and delivering quality software to those timescales.
* Support quality oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
* C++ programming experience.
* Multithreaded programming experience.
* Experience employing OO techniques.
* Strong logical and analytical skills.
* Ability to innovate and think "outside the box".
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work closely with others in a dynamic, multi-discipline team.
* Demonstrated ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
* Experience in C++ in a Linux environment, using the GNU suite (gcc, gdb and automake).
* C# programming experience.
* Python programming experience.
* Network programming experience.
* Real-time systems programming experience.
* Building, configuring and maintaining the Linux OS.
* Experience working in virtualized environments (cloud, hypervisor, docker)...... click apply for full job details