itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a certified Scrum Master. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for enabling and maximizing our client’s ability to exploit cloud for business benefits, while ensuring customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, operational integrity and adherence to relevant industry best practices. It is expected that the Scrum Master will undertake a wide variety of roles related to the strategic development of cloud platforms, cloud product management, project and life support.
The successful candidate will act in a leadership role within our client’s cross-functional cloud software development team, responsible for developing and managing the overall cloud strategy, governance and best practices that the rest of the organization can leverage to transform the business using cloud technologies. The Scrum Master associated with this team will help lead the organization in cloud adoption, migration and operations. You will join a team of highly skilled Cloud Platform Engineers and Developers responsible for the end-to-end ownership and delivery of public cloud services. You will be provided with guidance and training to facilitate your development within this role.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading software engineering deliverables for cloud technologies across public cloud comprising industry leading tools such as Microsoft Azure and AWS. You will be well versed in cloud development, deployment, automation, DevOps, Agile delivery and methodology and the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Leading the cloud software development team implementing services and environments using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/ Scrum practices and values
- Producing formal reports and interacting regularly with relevant stakeholders (i.e. Project Sponsors), improving transparency to allow the projects to be governed based on the organisations project governance requirements
- Supporting and developing a structured Agile environment with Product Owners
- Removing impediments to service continuity ensuring the team deliver the business outcomes they are committed to
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Facilitating Scrum Ceremonies including; Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Retrospectives and Release Planning
- Ensuring that the team delivers high-quality software on time, meeting the business goals
- Provide input to the management team to drive improvements in delivery, technology and structure
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years with a software development team
- Knowledge of various patterns and techniques to ensure that Agile/ Scrum can be applied effectively to the organisation
- College degree or diploma in a relevant field of study e.g. computer science
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile environment
- Familiarity with version control platforms e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- Experience of software engineering
- Experience working in a continuous delivery software production environment
- Managing relationships with third party vendors
- Experience of developing test plans and delivering results to schedule
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS with associated certifications
- Expert knowledge of Atlassian toolset
- Experienced in the delivery of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud Formation, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.