itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Cloud Platform Engineering Manager. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The Cloud Platform Engineering Manager will be responsible for enabling and maximizing our client’s ability to exploit cloud technologies for business benefits, while ensuring customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, operational integrity and adherence to relevant industry best practices.
It is expected that the Cloud Platform Engineering Manager will undertake a wide variety of roles related to the strategic development of cloud platforms, cloud product management and project support.
The ideal candidate will have strong relevant public cloud development and engineering experience, supplemented by good people management skills and experience leading software development teams in a structured technical environment i.e. Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Lead and motivate a team of highly skilled software development professionals to ensure growth and retention of skills required for succession planning and future needs
- Write code demonstrating best practices to the team and set the overall standards for cloud software development
- Own the team’s cloud software repository, ensuring a “fit for purpose” quality assurance process is developed, certifying governance in code contribution and code reuse
- Act as an overflow coding resource for the team as required on delivery sprints or clearing the backlog
- Deliver fixes where required or requested for the platform, to resolve incidents or problems
- Prioritise work for the team in collaboration with fellow Team Leads and Product Owners
- Generate reports on service metrics on a regular basis
- Set performance objectives and manage the team to deliver to these on an annual basis
- Interact with other senior stakeholders (internal and external) to produce and deliver formal reports on how the team are meeting pre-determined KPI’s
- Experience of managing software development teams in an Agile environment
- Experience of delivering solutions in public cloud within a large-scale enterprise environment
- College degree or diploma in a relevant field of study e.g. computer science
- Experience writing code in at least one of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile environment
- Familiarity with version control platforms e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
- Troubleshooting experience in virtual/ cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated certifications
- Recognised certification in a software development discipline
- Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate scripting
- Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness checks
- Proficient in the use of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud Formation, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell
- Experienced in the use of the Atlassian toolset
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.