Trust Payments have an exciting Software Developer opportunity to join their growing team based in Bangor, Gwynedd.
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Develop financial payment systems fit for purpose. To be a key member of the development team, responsible for providing solutions to business requirements, and ensuring that the overall delivery of projects are on time and within budget.
Software Developer - Key Responsibilities:
- Software Development - To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies. To write clean and healthy structured code. To build future proof reusable code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team. To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
- Security Standards & Data Protection - To be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks using known industry standards and Internal Company Tools and Services
- Software Tools and Processes - Review and utilise industry standard software development tools such as source control, deployment servers and build servers where appropriate in an effective manner. Assist the technical leader in enforcing the chosen development process such as pair programming and test-driven development
- Work estimation - Assist the technical leader to calculate work estimates
- Quality and Standards - Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Carry out instructions given by your line manager
- Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities
- Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role
Software Developer - You:
- Knowledge and experience of the Python programming language
- Knowledge of programming languages and methodologies.
- Understanding of security standards.
- Background in technology and knowledge of the Payment Business Industry.
- Knowledge of technology-based products and services.
- Awareness of Trust Payments Limited range of products.
- Understanding of Payment system capabilities and features.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Sales force, DMS, data handling, record keeping.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Passionate about Software Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
- Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
The role is based out of the Bangor office, but the role does require the occasional travel to other offices (London and Malta). Typically, a 36.5 hour week with occasional out of hours maintenance work.
To submit your CV for this exciting Software Developer opportunity, please click 'Apply' now