Senior Java Developer
Huge Enterprise Scale Project
Implementing New Tech
Long Term Contract, Competitive Rates
Here's one for all you Senior Java Developers to get you teeth sunk into. You know the situation where there is an old (but functioning) application that you would love some creative freedom to design and develop a replacement…
You'll be working for a large and long established financial services company, this application is a core part of its offering and without it they simply could not operate. It currently sits on Java 1.7 with weblogic, EJB and some other old but trusted technologies.
Your role would be to break down the monolith into small parts, then help design the new architecture and implement this. The ideas being floated about around moving to the spring framework with Spring Boot or potentially using websphere but this is something they would like you to help influence
Desired Skills / Experience
* 6+ years Java development experience
* Strong understanding of web services / REST architectures / design patterns etc.
* A keen eye for performance and scalability
* Strong expereince across multiple application servers / improving legacy systems
* Experience across the Spring framework / Spring Boot / microservices etc. is important
* It would be nice to have experience building CI/CD pipelines or at least an understanding of how to implement good processes here
* Strong understanding of the benefits of TDD / Agile / Unit testing etc.
For more information get in contact with Ross Irwin at Reperio or click on the link to apply.
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.