Linux/Unix Applications Support Specialists and Graduates
My client is seeking a Linux/Unix Applications Support Specialists to join their team in Kerry. If you have a passion for Linux and Unix, then this role could be for you.
Apply for the Application Support role above or contact Stephen Kelly for more information.
Responsibilities of the Application Support Role:
• Responsible for server administration, application of maintenance packs and vendor provided patches, investigation and troubleshooting of issues, and to provide support to application managers and developers.
• Key member in the Application Production Support Team and will support critical applications for Europe and North America.
• Work individually or in a team on various system projects related to UNIX and Linux and provide Application Support for applications running on these platforms.
• The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the company's applications running on the Linux and Unix operating systems.
Required Skills and Experience for the Applcation Support Role:
• Demonstrable knowledge of scripting comand lines
• 1+ years experience supporting and administering UNIX & Linux environments
• Experience installing and configuration of the application software
• Must have experience in applying application patches and maintenance packs
• Thorough understanding of Unix file system structure and permissions
• korn shell and perl programming beneficial
• Experience with Red Hat, Suse Linux and AIX
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Application Support Role:
• 2+ years of Perl experience
• 2+ years of korn shell experience
• Oracle SQL and Toad experience is Plus
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Must have quality team building skills, positive attitude, detail oriented, self motivated and strong project management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 015367390)