Job type: Permanent
Key skills: Unity, C#, scripting, 3D math, UX, game frameworks, object-oriented programming, meshes, animations, materials, GPU and CPU, debugging, App Stores
Location: Waterford, Ireland. For this position you will start working remotely with your own equipment if based outside of Waterford, Ireland. However, it will be expected that post COVID-19 your workplace will be at our EU office located in Waterford, Ireland.
Due to continued growth and success our client is looking for competent Unity Game Developers to join their successful team
The talented individuals must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with a highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company.
The digital world is changing, shape it together with them.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary development tool
- Translate business requirements to technical concepts
- Breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Develop high quality, scalable and robust code
- Develop technical documentation for internal use
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve overall goals
Essential Knowledge Skills Required
- 4+ years industry experience working with Unity or other game frameworks
- Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on a physics-based game project
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable but not essential
- Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
- Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs
- Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
- Experience in any XR platforms such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
- Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate or Junior workers.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.