UPMC are currently recruiting for the below full-time permanent position;
Senior Network Security Engineer
The Network Security Engineer - Senior is responsible for the design and implementation of securing the data transport network. This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforce network security policies, and network compliance activities. The candidate is expected to have strong IT experience and a solid understanding of core IT knowledge in networking and firewalls.
- Typically has a 4-year academic degree including courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering and/or has acquired 5+ years of core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Port Security and NGFW technologies.
- Ability to manage complex firewall policies, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
Additional Licence Requirements;
- Multiple associate-level certifications (Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, Palo Alto PCNSA, Fortinet NSE4, NSE5 or NSE6, etc.)
- One professional-level certification (CISSP, Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIP, Palo Alto PCNSE, Fortinet NSE7, etc.)
is required within two years in role or another approved professional IT certificate.
- Assist with escalations from the Network Security Operations Team as necessary.
- Consistently meets set SLAs for incidents, firewall exceptions and change controls.
- Deploy: Palo Alto, Fortinet or Cisco firewalls, Site-to-Site VPN's, and Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine).
- Engages in continuous process improvement.
- Keeps abreast of trends and changing technologies that relate to IT and Network Security.
- Maintain electronic documentation: Network diagrams, Processes / Procedures, and Inventory (CMDB).
- Trains and mentor’s members of the Network Security staff.
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms Aoife Power, HR Generalist email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 15th May 2020.