Our Client based in Cork currently has a requirement for IT Desktop Support Engineer for an initial 3-6 month fixed term contract.
The position is responsible for providing IT Support to end users in multiple locations and requires support to be provided over the phone, remote access and in person.
If you are available to start a fix term contract position and poses the required a minimum of 2 years IT Support experience, we would be very interested in speaking with you.
Responsibilities of the IT Desktop Engineer:
- Active Directory administration (password reset, group access)
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software
- Troubleshooting printer and phone issues
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues
- Setup of new users and also managing user leaver process
- Provide some server support (MS Patching)
- IT Setup of new projects offices and periodic site visits
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are kept at a manageable level
- Ability to manage tasks and small projects.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role support Engineer role is desirable.
- A good understanding of customer service delivery in an IT environment.
- Experience with desktop hardware and software, including operating systems and MS Office products.
- Some level of project management experience highly desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide customer services support to a wide range of users throughout the Company.
The successful engineer must be willing to travel to other company sites across Ireland, UK or Europe.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa).