Senior Java Software Engineer
My client is a cutting-edge IT services and solutions provider to the telecommunications industry in the Athlone Co. Westmeath. They are operating in a technically challenging and strong growth area focusing on Next Generation Network Management solutions for their clients.
About the Role
On a day to day basis you will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative Telecom project. You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high-quality java code in an agile environment including unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
Apply for the Senior Java Software Engineer Role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior Java Software Engineer Role:
• A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
• Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
• Object oriented analysis, design experience
• Excellent English and Communication skills essential
• Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
Required Technical Experience for the Senior Java Software Engineer Role:
• 8+ years experience with Java/J2EE Development
• Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
• Java Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM is an added advantage
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)