What will you be doing?
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will join our highly skilled Platform team, working on our Digital Platform implementation projects.
What do we need?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with excellent design and java development programming skills.
* Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
* Strong JAVA development skills including J2EE technologies such as:
* JSP, JSF, JMS, JNDI
* Application servers: JBOSS, Websphere, Tomcat
* Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
* Development Tools: Apache Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Maven, Junit, Eclipse, Subversion
* Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
* Experience with software engineering practices such as Object Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
* Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
* Exposure to deploying applications on Java EE applications servers (JBoss, Websphere or Tomcat)
* Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
* A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
* Fluency in verbal and written English essential
* Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities