Our Client has an opportunity for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their growing team based in Limerick. They are looking for a person who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple tickets simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way.
This position will be part of an overall Service Desk & Deskside Support team, tasked with ensuring that all issues and requests submitted to the centralised IT Service Desk, are dealt with promptly, appropriately and courteously.
Responsibilities for the position of IT Technical Support Engineer
- Logging & owning support issues and incidents until resolution and acting as primary support liaison between company and its customers.
- Analysis of software issues reported, identification of known issues where applicable and reporting of known solutions or workarounds to customer within timeframe set out by Service Level Agreements.
- Development of workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist.
- Identification of training needs for customers and development of operation documents to address these issues.
- Collaboration with the Development, QC and QA teams on issue resolution; providing feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability.
- Setup of test environments as necessary for replication of customer reported issues and provision of documentation on these setups.
- Participating in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Communicating application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including Management, Development, and Sales teams.
- Preparing end user and technical user documentation.
- Supporting Professional Services team in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- Attending customer sites, when required, to support installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Design, generation and execution of software test protocols.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of testing strategies and productivity. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field advantageous.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years' hands-on experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Willing to travel, if required
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa).