Senior Data Engineer - Pharma/Wellness
The pharma industry is currently thriving! Now more than ever it is important to keep ourselves healthy! My client is a cutting edge research and development lab that conducts research into nutrition and wellness for food, additives, nutrients, personal care products, cosmetics, chemicals and pesticides.
They are currently seeking a full time Senior Data Engineer for an already thriving team, working in conjunction with some of Dublin's most well established universities on a range of research products.
This is a chance to help define the direction of "data '', with the chance to define & build on a brand new platform using modern web technologies. The work will involve data modelling, data structuring, database setup, data curation, scripting, analysis, and providing guidance to convert raw data into a canonicalised/curated form. This role offers a unique combination of skills in computer science (distributed systems, big data) and scalable, high-performance production systems, fostering development skills on a brand new platform using modern web technologies.
* MSc/PhD in Computer Science, with 4+ years of experience in distributed systems, data engineering, algorithms or similar fields.
* A solid background in high-performance distributed systems, big data, analytics, and large-scale software design.
* Strong familiarity with database and big data technologies such as Kafka, MongoDB, SQL, Spark, Apache Beam, Storm, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, HBase.
* Experience with migrating classic data warehouse platforms to cloud based data warehouse and data lake platforms
* Strong coding skills in a language such as Python/Java/R/Scala etc.
* Proven experience in data engineering principles, tools and frameworks.
* Strong coding and design with deep understanding of performance pitfalls.
This is an outstanding opportunity, especially given the current climate, to work on meaningful and impactful work. You will work with some of the best in the industry, receive full training and support, take part in cutting edge research and develop a portfolio of research.
Get in touch with Eimear Mellotte on 015713000 for a confidential discussion about the role or feel free for a chat about other opportunities!
Reperio Human Capital acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.