Entry-Level -Technical Support Engineer
Competitive Salary with great Benefits
City Centre Location
The Technical Support Advisor is expected to provide flexible support given the dynamic nature of the environment. This includes occasional out-of-hours work as well as working with commitment on a problem until the root-cause and solution have been identified.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Technical Support Advisor will get involved in all the everyday transactional and operational IT duties. The Technical Support Advisor is expected to be a self-starter, capable of working under pressure and delivering solutions within tight SLA timeframes. The Technical Support Advisor is expected to manage their daily workload, balancing helpdesk activity with the need for root-cause analysis.
Demonstrate business acumen:
• Working as part of the IT Infrastructure Team, support the delivery of the IT strategy.
• Actively support the development of IT policies, IT processes and structures to ensure risks are identified and appropriate steps taken to manage the risks. Work in adherence to IT policies, processes and structures.
• Adhere to Risk Management requirements as articulated in the Company's Risk Framework by promoting a strong risk culture, identifying, reporting and management of risk within area of business, ensure all employees are aware and adhere to relevant policies and controls.
Set the pace and execute:
• Deliver front line support across all areas of IT, dealing with all staff, from new joiners to senior level management. Pro-actively identify opportunities to enhance service offering and propose plans for implementation to IT Infrastructure Manager.
• Be an ambassador for the IT Department to the wider business to ensure that all staff understand the services offered. Build a personal network across the business and become known as the first point of contact for level 1 IT support.
• Work with drive and energy to support the team's high-performance culture. Aim to deliver best-in-class IT execution that will sustain future business growth.
• Role model accountability to employees, customers and stakeholders. Ensure compliance with SLAs.
• Ensure accurate reporting and that the flow of information to the IT Infrastructure Manager is delivered in a timely manner.
Lead with Integrity:
• Be honest, ethical, sincere and principled.
• Identify / manage conflict and sensitive issues to achieve positive outcomes with a high degree of probity, integrity and confidentiality.
• Provide first-level and second-level support to computer systems users to the standards and levels required by the Business and IT management.
• Manage busy helpdesk with energy - prioritising tickets, managing competing priorities and following through to ensure problems are fully resolved.
• Log all required support call information and solutions to the IT Helpdesk system and resolve calls in a timely, efficient, courteous and professional manner while meeting or exceeding the performance metrics required of the IT support service.
• Take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with issues. Use root-cause analysis to drive longer term efficiencies.
• Log and manage calls to external support organisations as required.
• Events log monitoring, patch management system monitoring.
• Patching & upgrade of operating systems, software & applications.
• Security maintenance: Anti-virus & MDM roll-out, troubleshooting & maintenance.
• Undertake and participate in business and IT projects as required.
• Highlight user training requirements identified during the process of supporting computer users.
• Maintenance of company voicemail and telephony systems.
• Plan, test and partner in the roll-out of upgrades/new applications, hardware, operating systems and infrastructure equipment.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise for users related to system or software and provide ad-hoc user training and instruction on applications, software and hardware
• Support occasional maintenance and help with installs of network and server infrastructure equipment and implement necessary changes when required
• End to end IT support including setting up of meeting rooms with audio and visual requirements
• Work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships with business users
• Escalate issues to senior IT staff and management as required
• 2 years' experience in a similar role.
• Providing a solid understanding both technically and functionally of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS,
DHCP, Exchange 2016/Online, Group Policy and Office 365.
• Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, GFI LanGuard or similar product experience.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with Windows 8/10+, Microsoft 365 technologies such as Exchange, Office 2016+, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint.
• Experience with Backup Technologies, Citrix / Terminal services, Enterprise Anti-virus.
• Knowledge of SharePoint an advantage.
• Creating and maintaining documentation.
• Connectivity troubleshooting for desktops, servers, and basic network issues.
• Experience resolving hardware and software issues.
Competencies & Behaviours
Results Focused - Understands and drives the delivery of results within IT.
Planning & Organising - Sets standards for business planning within IT to achieve wider business growth.
Teamwork & Co-operation - Creates strong morale and fosters open communication.
Risk Management - Adhere to risk management requirements as articulated in the Company's Risk Framework.
Decision Making & Judgement - Establishes a connection in the analysis between a problem and its context and executes judgement through balanced and timely decision making.
Apply Here to be instantly considered for the role!