As Telecoms Technician, you will assist in the maintenance and repair of all signalling, telecom and level crossing equipment.
Translink is Northern Ireland main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
Please note that application forms must be submitted 'online' before noon on Wednesday 25th March 2020 so early application is advisable.
As Telecoms Technician your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
* Carry out and manage the installation and testing of signalling, CCTV crossing and telecoms equipment including multi-core Signalling, telecoms and coaxial cables.
* Maintenance of signalling, telecoms and CCTV equipment in accordance with the Signalling Department Telecoms specifications.
* Fault finding, repair and adjustment of such equipment as specified in the Signalling Department telecoms specifications.
* Reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, use of multimeters, level meters, oscilloscopes and cable fault finding equipment
* Supervision of lower grade S&T staff and staff from other departments
* Use of a computer asset management system and signing off work orders and fault reports
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Signalling Technician or a minimum of 4 years' experience as an Apprentice Signalling Technician (having obtained or working towards a relevant BTEC qualification) within the railway industry
* Alternatively, an ONC, or equivalent in Telecommunications / Electrical / Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 4 years' experience in an electrical/telecoms engineering environment
* Flexible approach to work and working hours including the ability to work irregular hours
* Full current Driving licence
It would be Desirable if candidates had any of the following:
* Knowledge of safe working practices within a safety-critical environment
* Knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN), interfaces/protocols such as RS232, RS422 and Ethernet
* Experience of VHF radio systems
* Experience of CISCO systems
* Experience of electronic transmission systems eg TDM, PCM, FDM
* Experience of installation, VHF fault finding on fibre optic and multi-core copper twisted-pair cables
* Experience of computer networks and software upgrades
* Experience of CCTV installation and faulting
If you feel this "Telecoms Technician" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien or Anne at Wellington Professional Recruitment on if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client