Department: Systems team
Job Type: Permanent
The Systems Team is sited within the IT Team. The overall aim of the team is to provide the organisation with appropriate applications and systems to service the business in all its information, technology and communications requirements, ensuring that all necessary data is stored appropriately, and that the integrity of all information is maintained.
- Second line support for 500+ users supporting telephony, networks and server environments
- LAN and WAN troubleshooting, escalation to third party support teams, management of issues to resolution.
- Troubleshooting across a variety of Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 & Linux platforms
- Rotating on-call for off hours support
- Work independently and with vendors to resolve issues related to installation, maintenance and use of all Call Centre applications and equipment
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, exchange server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Rollout hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure.
- Manages small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
- Considerable (5 + years) and current experience as an admin in a medium sized network including virtual servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
- Experience with Active Directory or LDAP
- Good working knowledge of the following operating systems, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 2016 server, Linux, Exchange, Citrix, Office 365
- Linux and VMware administration
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work in a close team environment and the ability to set and follow clear objectives.
- Exceptional communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Will have a business focus with great attention to detail.
- Analytical ability required in identifying user problems and creativity required to present effective solutions.
- Competitive Salary + Performance Related Bonus
- Health Insurance for you and immediate family
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- Subsidised Restaurant (with Starbucks)
- Sports and Social Club
- Gym Subsidy
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.