Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
What is the purpose of this Role?
- The IT Department is responsible for the delivery of all IT services to the client.
- The Telecoms Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of IT professionals to deliver both service and projects.
- The provision of quality IT solutions to support service to the client’s business units and customers.
- The role involves close collaboration with the IT leadership community, delivering change in a timely and acceptable manner to all.
- The role spans the management of teams supporting the following key areas:
- Networks and Telephony Operations.
- The role, and associated responsibilities may change at a future date, in response to business or operational requirements.
What are you expected to do in this Role?
- Gain credibility and establish excellent relationships with the key business stakeholders.
- Ensure that IT Service is delivered in line with agreed business SLA’s. Deliver secure and resilent services across Networks and Telephony domains. Ensure projects are delivered as per agreed schedules, quality and costs. Provide relevant leadership to projects under your tenure, across all phases of the relevant Project development cycle.
- Liaise closely with the business, development teams and third parties to ensure satisfactory and speedy resolution of service and project issues that arise, ensuring project/enhancements delivery in accordance with best practice systems management.
- Develop and maintain an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction and process development.
- Ensure solutions and services provided by your team comply with the relevant production standards and do not negatively impact service.
- Build and drive a culture and commitment to excellence in the delivery of service.
- Implement and monitor best practice infrastructure deployment, change release procedures and standards.
- Agree key performance metrics for the Telecommunications function and ensure on-going delivery versus these performance targets.
- Manage third party relationships from a resilient service delivery and cost perspective.
- Through the Performance Management Process ensure that team objectives are aligned to business goals.
- Lead the performance and career management of a team of Telecommunications specialists.
- Guide and mentor team leads and staff to ensure that all team members are motivated and enabled to perform to the full extent of their abilities.
- Coordinate direct reports and to ensure that each team is working to agreed objectives.
- Engage in regular two-way communication with the team members to ensure open and constructive communications take place.
- Create and monitor resource plans to ensure effective service delivery.
- Oversee the provision of suitable training for staff to ensure that the required competencies and skill base are in place.
Business & Customer
- Contribute to the IT Leadership Team and support colleagues in the delivery of the Team and Company objectives.
- Contribute to management reviews and actively support strategic decision making in IT and the Company.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the business to ensure supply and demand issues are identified and aligned with the needs of the business.
- Establish and manage relevant partner relationships in the business and suppliers/3rd parties.
- Support the business in the review and development of new initiatives and opportunities and lead the delivery when required.
- Represent Client’s IT on steering, working groups and focus groups as appropriate.
Risk & Control
- Ensure that Risks are identified, logged and managed in a proactive manner and all work practices and processes are fully compliant with Company policies and its Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Audit actions are prioritized and resolved within agreed timelines.
- Manage Internal and External Audit actions within agreed timelines.
- Ensure that Lessons Learned from the closure of Audit actions are embedded in the teams.
- Review and maintain appropriate governance for all areas of responsibilities.
- Implement and govern best practice infrastructure deployment, release procedures and standards.
- Ensure that Operational Event Logging is managed as per guidelines.
Competencies for the Role
Drive for Results
- Displays high levels of enthusiasm and energy in delivering on objectives. Focuses on priorities and encouraging others to deliver.
- Establishes a clear vision for the team consistent with the overall business objectives.
- Builds the team strategy and defines clear objectives and work plans. Leads and motivates the team to achieve, sets and maintains high standards of personal responsibility and leads by example
- Displays a high level of technical skills along with strong inter-personal and leadership skills to manage a wide range of IT professionals to ensure strong service and project delivery to the highest standards.
Communication & Influencing
- Encourages a climate of open two-way communication and provides opportunities for people to communicate effectively.
- Makes immediate and lasting impact.
- Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavioural change. Can flex own influencing style as appropriate.
- Manages their business with a clear view of how each decision impacts the overall financial goals of the business.
- Understands the business environment and demonstrates awareness of all the factors which have a bearing on the performance of business areas.
- Able to evaluate proposals from commercial perspective and support them with commercial arguments.
- Demonstrates solid fiscal control and management of budgets for the ongoing and future investment in the IT infrastructure under their control
Risk, Control & Regulatory Environment
- In depth knowledge of all relevant risk management and control systems in their area.
- Proactively monitors and controls work activity to ensure the potential for risk is minimised.
- Has a clear understanding of the significance of this role as part of the first line of defence against Operational Risk
Teamwork & Cross Functional Collaboration
- Builds an effective team and collaborates with other areas across the group in order to achieve business success.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Analyses situations where a problem has emerged, always ready to make a judgement even though they may be difficult or unpopular.
- Gathers appropriate information, considers alternatives and gains support whenever possible.
- Generates solutions or new ways of doing things in response to identified problems or issues and is able to think on their feet.
Technical Competences for your Role - what you are expected to know
- Banking Systems, ITIL service standards and customer delivery in a 24x7 environment.
- A background in Unisys technology stack, Network Operations, Security Operations and Telephony support methodologies and related processes, procedures and standards.
- IT Operational processes, procedures and standards. (ITIL/COBIT)
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Project Delivery
- 1+ years of IT Team Leadership.
Further Expected Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial / Market Acumen - knowledge of IT trends and innovations that are occurring in the market place.
- Customer Focus and Relationship Management - understanding the importance of delivering customer focused solutions.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrating flexibility in delivering on business priorities.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A 3rd level qualification in an appropriate discipline or appropriate experience level.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.