Business and System Integration Engineer - Cork - JO1644
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
Operating across 5 continents and with over 850 skilled employees, Zenith partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market. We are your single end to end partner for consultancy, design implementation, optimisation and support for all applications in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing stack.
We're looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our expanding team.
"Innovation and change, Join ZT"
About the Role:
The Engineer will be part of a team responsible for implementing a new material genealogy IT solution. They will be involved in the whole product life cycle, from requirements through design, testing and delivery of the system into production. The system to be implemented is made up of several software components. The role will require working with multiple vendors, global and local teams to build and configure this software into an integrated system. The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under your own initiative as well as experience of dealing with software development teams and business users.
* Liaise with the business and existing IT resources to gather and document the business requirements
* Liaise with the vendors to configure, implement and integrate the software components to build the solution
* Assist the Project Manager in identifying and mitigating technical risks
* Support the Project Manager in the preparation of timescales and adherence to schedule
* Prepare Project validation deliverables i.e. Validation Plan, Requirements, Design, Test Plan, Test documentation, Validation Report
* Plan the testing of the individual system components and the integrated testing of the overall system.
* Write and/or execute test scripts, prepare defect reports and Test Summary Report
* Coordinate the testing of the overall solution with business users
* Resolve technical issues arising during the project/product lifecycle
* Ensure compliance with Corporate Quality Standards and Practices
* Minimum 2-3 years experience implementing and supporting IT applications
* Background in software development and systems analysis/configuration
* Experience of application installation and formalised approach to Change Control
* Experience in product lifecycles from gathering of customers requirement through design to system delivery and acceptance.
* Experience of writing life-cycle documentation validation plans, requirements gathering, design documentation, system configuration, system testing and troubleshooting
* Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated and delivered at or above expectations
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
* Knowledge of 21CFR Part 11 requirements, ER/ES and data integrity guidelines
* Experience of working in a GMP environment
* Database, SQL, ETL, API and data analytical skills
* Knowledge of IT reporting/dashboard tools also an advantage
* Self motivated, ability to work independently