TalentScope Recruitment Solutions on behalf of our client is seeking applications for a Business Analyst role in Dublin 18.
The Business Analyst is responsible for liaising with cross functional business teams to analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes in business processes, policies and information systems across a number of strategic initiatives.
All work will be undertaken in accordance with the project management structure. The holder will be required to produce significant amounts of technical and functional specifications. They will also be required to create and maintain extensive business process and user acceptance testing documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and manage the business requirements, scope definition, validation, acceptance criteria, transition and implementation for business and IT projects.
- Defining mappings and business rules to achieve compatibility between “as is” and “to be” models
- Create and review technical and functional specifications in accordance with scope and objectives of the business requirements
- Liaise closely with internal and external software development teams to clarify development requirements
- Test the developed systems against these requirements to ensure that the delivered systems are fit for purpose
- Obtaining appropriate sign-off
- Reporting of progress to Project Manager
- Escalation of risks and issues to Project Manager
- Project manage small initiatives
- Ad-hoc Problem Solving
- Support implementation activities including planning, training and deployment activities
- Drive and Challenge Business Units on their assumptions of how they can execute business processes
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 4 years minimum in a Business Analyst role required
- Proven experience in clearly defining and documenting business requirements to significant levels of detail leaving no room for ambiguity
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having determination to follow things through.
- Effective prioritisation and time management skills
- Strong on relationships, communication and influencing with a proven track record of working within cross functional teams
- The ability to test systems thoroughly, reporting and managing these issues through to resolution
- Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Project Management Qualifications advantageous (e.g IPMA, PMP, PRINCE2)
For further information on this position, please submit a current cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, candidates MUST be currently eligible to work in Ireland/EU and ideally be locally based for interviews. No Work permit candidates cannot be considered at this time.
TalentScope Recruitment Solutions are a leading provider of IT Recruitment Solutions for mid-senior level roles. Please be advised you will receive an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.
By sending us your CV, you are accepting that your details will be stored on our systems for current/future use. No personal information will ever be shared with a third party, except where you give us your permission to send your CV to a specific client upon your agreement.
Should this position not be specifically what you are seeking, we are hiring for numerous positions currently so please get in touch with us as we may have other roles that would be relevant.