6 Month Contract
Negotiable Day Rate
Dublin City Centre
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the design of Infrastructure environments. The role covers the end to end spectrum, covering End User Computing, Voice and Networking, and Data centres solutions. The role reports to the Technical Design Authority.
Key duties and responsibilities
* Responsible for designing new infrastructure solutions in line with the requirements of the business and the IT Strategy.
* Create statements of work and high-level architecture using standardised services where possible
* Lead the technical engagement with our vendors and internal teams to ensure design of technical solutions
* Support and guide the implementation of projects into the vendors cloud and offices
* Development of strategic infrastructure roadmaps.
* Provide input into the IT Policy landscape, with particular ownership of policies relating to technical topics;
* Provide input into Standard operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical standards and guidelines.
Experience and skills
* Experience in a technical architecture or lead design role in a similar scale system
* Worked extensively on the technologies mentioned above or equivalent applicable ones, Excellent knowledge of infrastructure and application design and architecture
* Experience in the financial services industry would have a significant advantage
* An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, you will be responsible for documentation for internal and external parties
* Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
* Detailed technical knowledge of MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix/VDI, Networking, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
* Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
* Experience of enterprise grade Citrix and VDI environments including design, troubleshooting and support
* Experience and qualifications in Networking and security hardware to include Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint and HP
* Proven experience in the design and documentation of complex infrastructure solutions.
* Vast knowledge of Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Storage and Cloud Technology
* Be technically knowledgeable on different platforms and be able to demonstrate that knowledge to a very high level.
* Ability to develop policies standards and guidelines.
* Ability to interface with vendors and third parties to deploy innovative design solutions, develop relationships and opportunities.
* Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills to be able to deal with Sales, Customers, Technical Consultants and other members of the wider Professional Services Team
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines.
* Strong demonstrable ownership' ethic
* Strong commercial and competitor awareness
* Great communicator with technical, management and/or upper management.
* Great written documentation skills.
* Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, Storage (Netapp, EMC), Citrix, Networking)
* Excellent EUC/VDI experience in either VMware or Citrix's offering (View or XenDesktop)
* Understanding of broader Data Centre technologies (Server, Storage, Server Virtualisation etc.)
* Design, implement and test backup and disaster recovery solution
* Demonstrable knowledge of Azure
* Office 365 client & e-mail deployments
* Windows 10, SCCM
* Microsoft Skype for Business
* Windows Server and Windows Operating System
* Active Directory experience
* Strong Virtualisation skills (VMWare, HyperV, Citrix)
* Good working knowledge of Storage and Backup Technologies
* Networking Experience within a large enterprise setup
* Good Knowledge of Antivirus and Backup Solutions within an enterprise environment
* Ability to self-teach deployments in-house before over-seeing on customer sites
* Public Cloud, Azure
* Containers (inc Docker, Kubernates, etc)
* Networking (ExpressRoute, WAF, etc.)
* Storage SQL Server, Oracle
* Understanding of licence model of main IT providers
* Identity (Azure AD, ADFS)
* Automation (runbooks, etc)
* Backup and DR (ASR or other tools)
* Previous, recent delivery experience, aligned with Azure projects.
* in-depth experience of Azure migration and delivery.
* Citrix: Citrix Cloud, NetScaler
* Office 365: Implementation, Identity Migration (Exchange-online)
* Intune, Azure Active Directory. Azure Information Security
* Other storage technologies (eg 3Par)
* Networking technologies (eg Cisco)
* System Centre products (SCCM, SCOM
* MOD Hosting, Networks, Processes and working constraints
* Active Directory architecture and policy management
* MS Exchange mail best practice design and implementation
* VMWare architecture
* Infrastructure Architecture
* Citrix Xenapp/Xendesktop
* Experience of Storage systems, NAS, SAN exposure
* MS SQL Server 2016R2 and OS hardening
* Secure Firewall ACL definition exposure
* vLAN Design and implementation using Cisco technologies
* Disaster recovery scenarios incorporating VMware, SAN SNAP
* Understanding of Cross Domain Security constraints
* Understanding of Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache Tomcat
* Experience in Disaster recovery scenarios incorporating SQL and Oracle Data Guard
Architecture skills such as Archimate, TOGAF, etc