As the successful candidate, you will join a large R&D team based in Galway and leverage your expertise and product vision to help lead and grow a Cloud-centric team with a complex product portfolio. Leading from the front your ultimate goal will be to deliver exceptional customer value. Your considerable skills in building consensus and executing on a plan will guide you in leading a team of engineers of all disciplines across Engineering, Platform and Product. You will act a champion and advocate for a "cloud-first" strategy and through incremental and creative solutions (from inception right through to delivery and support) you and the team will reach the goal of delivering exceptional customer value.
We believe your path to success will involve:
• Collaborating with executives and leadership team to advance the strategy in becoming a Cloud-first company and viewed as a leader in your market.
• Designing deploying and maintaining highly scalable systems, tools and processes that are necessary to deliver a SaaS application built on a cloud technology stack
• Delivering creative functionality to the applications on a regular basis and acting on the data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
• Driving a philosophy of Continuous Integration and Delivery and mentoring your teams in adopting this delivery model
• Growing high performing engineering teams, leading from the front, motivating and facilitating so as to create the environment for the team to deliver their best work.
• Strong communication. You will act as the voice of the team, communication across all levels of the organisation.
Providing technical Leadership. Typical Stack:
• AWS, GCP, Azure.
• Kubernetes, Docker
• Kafka, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Logstash, ElasticSearch, DataDog, Puppet, Ansible etc.
What we would love to see from you:
• Experience in a software engineering leadership role; substantial experience as an engineering manager with in-depth knowledge of software engineering and development lifecycle
• Strong SaaS or Cloud technology background
• Knowledge and experience with cloud-native applications and architecture, microservices, CI/CD practices and tools; Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development.
• Proven track record of delivering releases
• Experience in managing teams across multiple locations
A generous salary and bonus + benefits are available to reflect the importance of this role within the group