Directs the full project life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing specialist technical guidance and advice to others and key business users. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to key stakeholders. Resolves complex technical issues whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Directs technical areas of complex medium scale projects with diverse scope.
- Sets standards for data analysis and programming tools and techniques, advises on selection of appropriate methods and their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Provides solutions and uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of system architectures.
- Prepares technical plans and provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Determines criteria for assessing issues and opportunities and identifies relationships and linkages between different information sources. Anticipates potential problems and develops solutions needed to resolve them.
- Creates quality engineering procedures and user instructions to ensure a reusable process and tools approach. Defines and implements quality engineering process improvements and metrics.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects or release level.
- Inputs into proof of concept exercises and assists sales with pre-sales collateral.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering
- Certification in NFT Tools such HP QTP, Selenium, HP LR etc.
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client facing skills, as an expert in their field has experience of influencing client decision making and direction, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions.
- Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Strong theoretical knowledge in quality engineering methodologies, applying standards and specialist expertise to deliver.
- Extensive application/technology and tool/framework knowledge and has recognised expertise in several areas.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and can provide expert advice regarding their application.
- Experience in providing guidance to resolve issues, probing and initiating research to identify critical problems.
- Experience in advising clients and clearly communicating the benefits of implementing specific quality engineering solutions and identifying areas to add value.
- Specialisation in at least one tools such as GreenHat Tester/Rational Integration Tester, SOAP UI NG PRO, HP Service Virtualization manager etc.
- Specialisation in one of the Mobile Testing tools such as HP Mobile Centre, Perfecto Mobile or open similar open source solutions.
- Expertise in multiple test tools in any one test streams such as performance testing, data and test automation tools such as HP Performance Centre/LoadRunner, HP UFT/QTP, HP Service Test, Service Virtualize, CA LISA, CA GridTools Data Maker/ DataManager, JMeter, Neoload, Selenium, IBM Rational Integration Tester, Rational Robot, Borland SilkTest, TOSCA, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin etc.
- Acts as a role model for continuous learning and development and challenges others to reflect and learn.
- Experience of creating an environment that celebrates both successes and failures.
- Good self-management, Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looks for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo