We are looking for a Senior Cobol and PL1 Developer to play a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis and software development for the delivery of a portfolio of high-profile projects. Deep expertise in both Cobol and PL1 is essential.
- Create code using Cobol or PL1 as appropriate to add new functionalities to existing mainframe-based services.
- Client engagement - Liaise daily/weekly with client stakeholders during development cycle – as subject matter expert you will be able guide/mentor them in choosing the optimum solution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed.
- Work on bug fixing and troubleshooting incidents and anomalies.
- Software Engineering – Explore emerging technologies through R&D initiatives from time to time.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering
- Client-facing skills
- People management skills - introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions
- Team work and emotional intelligence
- Good self-management – continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set
- High value on openness and transparency
- A minimum of 8 years experience working in mainframe technologies is essential. This is a senior position so you will need to be able to take ownership of projects.
- A full understanding of different frameworks, tools and other relevant technologies, including CICS, DB2, VSAM, etc.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo