Expleo are seeking a DB2 ETL Specialist with expertise in Financial Services.
The role will involve working closely with Business Analysts, Developers and QA to define technical solutions and manage the book of work based on business requirements/ Programme timelines.
The specialist will be part of the migration workstream and primarily working on creating ETL process and reconciliation reporting, supporting migration requirements throughout all stages of project lifecycle, designing and supporting automated testing.
- Design, build and deploy effective packages and scripts using appropriate tools.
- Create, support existing ETL process
- QA - identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution (unit testing and code reviews)
- Identify and propose automated testing approaches
- Design, build, improve existing reconciliation approach/ code
- Create reconciliation reporting that would meet business needs
- Translate requirements from the Business Analyst into technical code (data mapping between source and target system, reconciliation data set requirements) with understanding of data structure
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and deliver expected solution
- Developing solutions for improving existing performance
- Collaborate with project manager to meet project timeliness
- Create technical artefacts needed for project documentation
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering
- Must be dedicated and demonstrate strong skills in communication, problem solving and collaboration.
- Work in team environment and provide project status reports and be able to present solutions to peers and business groups.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, independent and take initiative
- Proficient with DB2 database design in a mainframe environment
- Experience in complex ETL design using DB2 data sources
- Experience in database development
- Knowledge of mainframe related technologies
- Knowledge and experience in regards to testing approaches applied to databases, including ETL, stored procedures and schema testing
- Experience in data migration projects
- Working with Temenos T24 data sources is a plus
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo