Our client are an award winning Software Solutions, App & Web Development Provider based in Wicklow, Ireland and they're recruiting for bright and experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join their growing team.
As a Ruby on Rails developer you will be developing scalable web applications and API's for clients from various sectors, providing interesting and challenging projects.
Our client work in a very collaborative way, so you will have an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in a progressive company.
You will have the opportunity to mentor junior engineers and work together with them and the wider team developing exciting products that meet their clients current & future needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine passion for development and bring a drive for continuous improvement of their own skills as well as for their team and processes.
* Developing high quality scalable web applications
* Focusing on delivering quality code, while shipping quality products
* Working in a collaborative team, utilising a combination of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Assist in the planning, scheduling, and tracking of projects
* Passionate about learning new technologies
* 3+ years' experience developing high quality scalable web applications
* Proven track record in building applications in Ruby on Rails
* Experienced with ReactJS and similar libraries and frameworks
* Good understanding of PostgreSQL, PostGIS and overall database structures
* SASS, HAML, and responsive CSS knowledge would be highly beneficial
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Experience in providing technical leadership
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams
* Ability to take ownership of a project and lead from ideation, through to delivery, and on to support
* Experience with Technical Sales Support
* Experience with deployments, architectures and development using Heroku
* Excellent scoping and time estimation ability
* Experience working in an agency environment preferred, but not essential.
What's on offer:
* Become part of Ireland's leading app development company
* Competitive salary
* Opportunity to work on an exciting variety of projects with some of the latest and innovative technologies
* Cool, friendly, open working environment
* Career progression opportunities
* Life Assurance
* Income Protection (Long term illness cover).
* Mobile Phone Call Package