Cloud Automation Engineer - Limerick
My Client is seeking an experienced Cloud Automation Engineer to join their team in Limerick to support the successful delivery of projects to their clients. Successful candidates will help provide their internal users with tools to facilitate operational excellence in managing their SaaS vision, which primarily focuses on robustness, scaling, visibility and streamlining validation.
Apply for the Cloud Automation Engineer Role above or contact John Egan for more infomation.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Automation Engineer role:
• Engineer and automate their SaaS solution for security, reliability and scale.
• Create and/or improve the tools that enable observability on availability and performance of cloud services.
• Apply DevOps principles and practices to speed-up the delivery of change to the SaaS environment.
• Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with provided cloud services.
Required Experience for the Cloud Automation Engineer role:
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Cloud Automation Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Systems Administrator (with strong focus on scripting and automation).
• Experience of deploying and supporting applications in cloud environments (preferably AWS, but Azure and GCP also considered).
• Extensive experience of working with “Infrastructure-As-Code” tools, in particular - Ansible, Terraform and Packer. Experience with other IaC tools will also be considered.
• Strong scripting knowledge in Powershell or Python.
• Experience with Cloud networking, such as AWS VPC, Security Groups, Load Balancer, ASG, as well as cloud security, such as IAM and WebACL.
• Familiarity with ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or other log-aggregation / monitoring solutions.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, GitLab or Jenkins.
• Solid Windows, IIS and SQL administration knowledge.
• Understanding of Docker / containerization technologies.
• Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
• Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
• Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – a part of the role will involve increasing the overall knowledge of Cloud / DevOps methodologies across the organisation.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
Desired Skills for the Cloud Automation Engineer role:
• Knowledge of Kubernetes, and experience transitioning applications to a container-based, Microservice, model.
• Previous experience of delivering change in a regulated environment.
• Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
• Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be a significant advantage.