Job Type: Permanent
Location: Little Island, Cork
- The Systems Administrator will be an integral part of the I&T team in providing high quality IT/System Administration support to the all sites across our clients Irish Market.
- The postholder will be responsible for monitoring system performance and ensuring software, hardware, servers and networks operate at maximum efficiency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general IT/System Administration support to the all sites.
- Work collaboratively within the I&T team to develop and maintain all I&T systems (this will involve both scheduled and unscheduled out of hours work for system maintenance and development).
- Deputise for the I&T Team Leader as required and take responsibility for all IT technical system issues and projects.
- Exercise leadership and ensure that all live systems are operational and performing at maximum capability at all times.
- Undertake Team Leader responsibilities for Systems Administrators and Technician staff as directed by the I&T Team Leader (this will include assessments, setting work tasks, conducting evaluations and performance reviews).
- Ensure the I&T help desk is run efficiently and is effective in resolving all recorded issues in a timely manner.
- Minimise system failures and unplanned stoppages through planned maintenance, health checks and monitoring of systems.
- Carry out standard system tasks such as admin, backups, new Citrix builds, data recovery and user admin (passwords, new users etc)
- Administer hardware and software maintenance and support contracts by liaising with the I&T Team Leader / Supplies Officer.
- Participate in the selection, procurement, installation and maintenance of new systems.
- Responsible for agreed action plans for installations and the necessary briefing of personnel (these plans will be drawn up in conjunction with the Head of I&T Operations).
- Participate in the Group 24 hours I&T support scheme/rota and proactively monitor and report on it to ensure its effective and meets the needs of the Health System.
- Undertake additional work out of hours as required for the maintenance and upgrade of existing systems (Time in Lieu will not normally apply for this work unless the annual accumulated out of hours work exceeds 91 hours).
- Undertake project management responsibilities for systems projects as agreed with the Head of I&T Operations/I&T Team Leader.
- Review, audit and continuously improve IT protocols to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Group IT to enhance the overall performance of the function.
- Participate fully with our clients Accreditation and Quality Improvement Programme.
- Keep abreast of current IT best practices.
- Carry out any additional duties that may arise as indicated by the Head of I&T Operations/I&T Team Leader.
- Role will be based in Cork, however travel to other sites will be necessary with onsite support being required at times.
- The above duties are organised in a rotational manner therefore skill mix and flexibility are essential requisites to ensure optimal performance levels.
- 5 years experience as Systems Administrator
- Wintel Server experience
- EMC Storage
- VMware virtualisation
- Citrix Administration experience
- LAN/WAN and wireless networks
- Avaya IPT experience
- Info Sec – Firewall, data encryption, disaster recovery exposure
- Office 365 configuration experience
- Commvault experience
- CSC applications
- Healthcare or Radiology Information Systems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
- Proven multi-tasking experience whilst maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Essential Foundation IT certification with specific relevant technical certifications
- Desirable Degree / Diploma in relevant field of computer science. Technical certifications: MCSE, CCNA, MCSA or similar
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.