Senior IT Operations Lead
Our client is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries.
They are currently seeking a Senior IT Operations Lead to join their facility in Dungarvan.
* Technical Lead for new transitions and projects requiring architectural change.
* Manage the local team and ensure they are working to KPI's and within SLA's.
* Ensure local operations do not derail and report back to the line manager on any issues that cause disruption to the business.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd line IT and telephony support to users and act as an escalation point for the Global Service Desk, Local Team and the Business.
* Move as many Servers as possible to Data Centre to operate while hosted in the DC.
* Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice;
* Perform Qualification activities related to IT Infrastructure on-site
* Perform IT Commissioning activities related with GxP Lab Instruments, set-up new user accounts, review accounts, administration accounts on QC instruments.
* As site Administrator for QC instruments it is critical to meet operations business needs to support the release of new equipment on-site & on-time.
* Take responsibility for IT Quality events identified from internal & external Audits, adhering to agreed quality timelines.
* Ensuring adherence to Quality procedures for IT projects on-site (eg Change Control, CAPA).
* Ensure IT support to the site regarding QC Investigations.
* Update IT SOP's as needed.
* Perform and manage daily system monitoring utilising tools made available.
* Verify integrity and availability of all hardware.
* Responsible for transfer of onsite server to central hosting Data Centre
* Build configuration and implementation of local Servers or Servers in DC and ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the Servers.
* Patch Servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates.
* Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Anti-Virus definition files.
* Administer Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP.
* Ensure capacity for growth and alignment with local business desires and plans, participating in the definition of the infrastructure design;
* Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
* Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
* Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors;
* Perform daily backup operations (where applicable) and ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site;
* Perform regular test restores and DR testing, File and backup Servers. (Physical and Virtual), Switches, Firewalls and Routers;
* Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
* Conduct full IT Infra site audits and be the technical lead for such projects and insure timely completion, produce a plan for transition.
* Plan for new or upgrade of networking infrastructure; server/data storage migration. WAN connectivity to Eurofins domain.
* Work closely with/or act as the Project Manager (depending on size of acquisition) to, ensure all tasks are identified and that each task has realistic timelines allocated to it.
* Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy and reliability of information, in particular reliability of local network and Servers;
* Generate specific reports with conclusions with a high level of quality and technical competence with input to the IT Operations & Service Desk Manager on a regular basis on technical guidance, reporting, planning, and budget.
* Setting and compiling targets and providing statistical or other reports.
* Operate in line with our client's Quality systems, including company IT Security Policy and networking guideline and ensure each network under direct responsibility applies the Group IT Policies.
* You may be required to work on a shift rota.
* You may be requested to work out of hours with no compensating leave;
* Occasional weekend work for projects to be included in the overall package
* Occasional visits to remote sites, or as part of a monthly schedule to partake in local management meetings to better understand and serve the business
* In co-ordination with the IT Infra Operations & Service Desk Manager UK + IE, applies the purchasing policies for IT in UK and Ireland;
* Optimal use of resources and contribution to reduction of IT costs, play an (pro) active role in budget.
* Provide a high level of internal and external customer care and to propose with local managers and line Manager for improvements in the current IT systems in UK and Ireland.
* Liaise with Network/Server responsible staff in other regions.
* Qualifications that will give you an advantage:
* Degree qualification in Computer Science
* ITIL certified
* Microsoft certification
* Cisco certification
* Experience with NetApp and VMware
* At least 3 years in a leadership role
* Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
* Excellent accuracy and speed of work
* Experience in working within a GMP lab environment
* Good understanding on Regulatory requirements for IT systems with in a GMP environment
Reference No.: 918688FK
Role: Senior Operations Lead
Location: Co. Waterford