Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) – Contract
My Client is one of the world’s leading executive search consulting firms. They are currently seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will possess extensive experience in the research, design, analysis, testing and implementation of complex information security technologies.
Apply for the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) role above, or contact Ryan Wannenburg for more information.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) role:
• Main area of focus will be architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include R&D, building prototypes and proof of concepts to guide solutions and best practices.
• You will also be solutioning their implementation using Infrastructure as Code and standing-by that solution operationally
• You will also work on securing cloud-based infrastructure / applications with a focus on IAM artifacts
Required Skills and Experience for the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) role:
• Infrastructure as Code - automation frameworks particularly Terraform. Other frameworks such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack etc. also useful.
• AWS Support level experience with EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
• Strong Windows and intermediate Linux administration background
• Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, PowerShell, AWS CLI, Bash)
• Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
• Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
• Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in a highly available model
• Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, or Tomcat
• Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
• Understanding of SDLC processes
• Availability to support systems on-call after hours as needed
• Architecting aligned to the Well Architected Framework
• Functional knowledge of Database concepts
• Understanding of High Availability services concepts
• Strong ability to learn and use new technology frameworks
• Promoting CALMS principle
#CloudInfrastructureEngineer #AWS #Windows #LinuxIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)