Horticulture Programme Manager
Our client delivers ground breaking new product development for the core business including a range of nutritionally enhanced mushrooms (Vit D, B12, and Selenium) and has a pipeline of future nutrient enhanced mushrooms under development.
They are looking for a Horticulture Programme Manager.
The Horticulture Programme Manager is a key role in the management of a number of research projects within our client. Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Horticulture Programme Manager will be essential in driving forward the development of microbial solutions for the horticulture applications within the mushroom industry
The deliverables of the Horticulture Programme Manager role include:
* Coordinate and evaluate the performance of all microbiology and horticulture projects within our client and ensure alignment with end goals agreed with the customer
* Formulate new projects to support the achievement of new innovation targets agreed with the customer;
* Drive an innovation mindset through the team;
* Development of a consistent project management method for application to all programs;
* Develop proposals for funding from national and international state agencies to ensure funding is in place for 100% of micro programs;
* The development and management of budgets;
* Management and development of a diverse team of scientists and horticulturalists;
* Risk assessment and change management to ensure programme delivery;
* Effective communications with all programme stakeholders;
* Development of new products and processes for the horticulture industry.
* Team Management and Development: Comfortable in providing coaching to project team members and leading a team whose background is primarily science based;
* Research standards: conduct research according to the general principles of good research based on honesty, cooperation and responsibility on accurate data acquisition and storage and managing appropriately any conflicts of interest
* Possess a Ph.D. qualification in Environmental Microbiology or Microbial Ecology.
* 7+ years of industrial experience.
* Proven experience in programme management.
* Proven experience in team management.
* Proven experience in stakeholder management.
* Proven record of good understanding/experience of horticulture.
* Possess excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages
* It is required to that the Horticulture Programme Manager holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
Nice to Have(s):
* Project Management qualification would be preferable.
Reference No.: 918990FK
Role: Horticulture Programme Manager
Location: Co. Monaghan
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent