Infrastructure Engineer Kerry
This is a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and work with cutting edge technology on a daily basis. Experience and passion working with Linux is required. Training will be provided in YAML, Ansible etc.
We require motivated and enthusiastic people with Linux experience to join our growing team in Tralee. If successful, you will be part of an energetic team of engineers and administrators who are responsible for the support tools and monitoring software which ensure our business is effectively monitored and administered.
You will work as part of a global team to ensure system are monitored and tracked. Other key areas are automation, performance tuning and systems engineering.
* Common sense attitude
* Good communicator (we work globally so strong written and verbal skills are an absolute requirement)
* Have experience in a similar position OR have recently graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (full training provided)
* Troubleshooting skills and analytical mind set
* Team orientated and happy to reach out for assistance or assist others
Experience in any of the below technologies is an advantage. Essentially as a graduate you get training on all of the below, you just need to have an interest level:
* Understanding of Linux operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora)
* Scripting experience is highly desirable (Python, Ansible, shell scripting bash/ksh/perl)
* Server monitoring and capacity planning
* Writing technical documentation
* Experience with any of the following
* IBM Tivoli Monitoring
* HP Asset Manager
* IBM BigFix
What describes a successful candidate?
* Smart, driven and fast learner
* Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving
* Organised and methodical approach under pressure
* Good communicator
* On-call and out of hours support on rotation
* A valid passport and ability to travel to the USA
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other coop experience etc.