Applications Architect - Belfast - Permanent
£60,000 - £75,000 pa + 10% Bonus + Car Allowance £5,300 - Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading Global IT Consultancies / System Integrators. Our Client is growing their Business & Platform Solutions Division. They work very closely with their clients to enable them to make the best out of their digital transformation. They support clients in their migration from classical application or infrastructure environment into the digital world. The scale of the changes brought by digitalisation across all industries is radically reshaping the way their customers consume technology and services. Their customers are shifting their priorities and budgets to support digital initiatives and implement various technologies.
As the Applications Architect you will be a client facing member of the solutions team and is responsible for helping shape client requirements and identifying innovative and bold solutions to meet their business need, alignment of client business requirements with relevant portfolio offerings, and where there are gaps or opportunities, to create new innovative solutions.
* Analyses customer business needs for own areas of expertise and uses industry practices to develop most optimal solution for clients
* Leads development of systems architectures for complex systems or an entire corporate suite of systems. Take full responsibility end to end for overall system design
* You will work closely with counterparts in other practices across infrastructure, applications and other areas, to define and deliver solutions at scale in areas of Application Support & Maintenance, Integration, SAP, Cloud Services, Digital Transformation, Testing, Big Data and Digital Workplace.
* Assures specification and design work in own area of expertise
* You take responsibility for the application strategy and methods used in implementing a systems architecture in a significant end client account.
* Experience in a relevant Applications, systems or software architect position and overall background in IT
* As well as having a breadth of technical knowledge, you also be able to demonstrate experience of shaping solutions from a commercial and service and security perspective
* Experience and understanding of Software development processes and methodologies
* Experience translating business and feature requirements into technical specifications
* Experience communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical partners
* Experience across the full lifecycle of delivery from sales through projects and service delivery. Comfortable providing advice, guidance and technical leadership at any stage from concept to service.
* You will show leadership and extensive functional and technical expertise in planning, designing and implementing complex application solutions and has, as such, an in-depth knowledge of various Microsoft .net and /or open source based and/or cloud native products and technologies
* Work across any application product, deploying their core skills in application architecture even to scenarios where they are not an expert in any particular product.
* Is knowledgeable about the concepts of Application Lifecycle Management and can expertly and effectively apply them in practice
* Expertise in at least one of Software, Systems or Data Architecture specialty, Generalist experience with a balance across multiple service or technology areas
* A Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Management, or similar level of education
* TOGAF or BCS ISEB Architecture Certification is desirable
* Excellent consulting and presentation skills
* Track record in supporting Digital transformation for clients
* Support the solution team, or sales team with winning propositions, including:
* Writing proposal elements as required
* Development of costings and models to see opportunities to meet client business cases
* Development and delivery of presentations to clients and internal teams
* Good understanding of finances/commercial elements of solutions
* Familiar in both local and offshore delivery
* Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendation
* Contribute to technical risk management and mitigation of risks in large projects, solutions and services
* Experience of working within Large Government Departments/Agencies or Large company environments
This really is a great opportunity to join a global leader, so please apply now for more details!