itContracting are seeking applications for a Trainee Actuary, this is a permanent position located in South Dublin
The Calculation Systems team is a competency team based within IT with responsibility for Quotation and Disclosure Systems for Point of Sale, Point of Issue and Existing Business.
As a Calculation Systems Analyst your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Working closely with other IT teams and Business stakeholders across Product Development, Marketing and Operations to understand calculations, processes and products relevant to Calculation Systems.
- Document requirements for product, calculation and functional changes to the Calculation Systems, and work closely with technical resources to translate the requirements into solutions.
- Modelling of premium calculations and cash flow projections in Excel and develop and improve upon existing test tools.
- Support test cycles on Calculation Systems as part of a project team– developing and documenting test cases and executing test plans
- Perform trouble shooting and root cause analysis for defects identified during test phases and for any support issues raised within production environment
- Look externally to continually evaluate key themes in technology and actuarial landscape and assess the impact of changing technology and regulations on the Calculation Systems.
Your Skills and Experience
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Recent graduate with a third level qualification in a course with a strong mathematical content such as Mathematics or Engineering
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Enjoy working within a team and be capable of working under own initiative
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Flexible, pro-active and focused in approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who can use own initiative in problem identification and resolution using an organized and systematic approach to their work.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.