Senior Data Scientist - Risk Strategy. Resolutions & Protections Team - Dublin About PayPal: Founded in 1998, PayPal is the leading global online payment service built for the digital age. We now have over 300 million active customers around the world and handle almost a fifth of the world's online payments. And we're delivering the future of money - today. You can use PayPal anytime, anywhere, any way.
PayPal continues to drive connected commerce across all channels - online, mobile and in-store Risk and Operations Management at PayPal: Risk and Operations Management is an integral and critical part of PayPal's core business model and value proposition.
Risk and Ops Management plays an indispensable role in mitigating and managing different kinds of risks associated with a transaction; increasing PayPal margin and striking a fine balance between managing costs while optimising customer experience. Analytics is core to Risk and Operations Management at PayPal and we are a highly data driven organisation. We leverage data driven insights extensively in these areas.
This role is in the Global Resolutions and Protections team within Risk and Operations Management. Global RnP is a 15-member team responsible for managing the overall policies and processes for PayPal's post-transaction domain.
Post transaction domain involves managing the end-to-end policies, customer experience, risk management and operations optimisation responsibilities when a customer files a dispute on a PayPal payment.
As part of our team,
* you will maintain the and manage PayPal's Protections programs delivering value to PayPal's buyers and sellers while optimising PayPal's margin through loss and Opex reduction.
* you will play a critical role in developing strategies and identifying opportunities needed to deliver the ideal resolution experience to our customers in the most cost effective, sustainable model.
* you will work closely with key stakeholders in the Business Units for merchant specific solutions as well as Operations and Product teams for implementation and execution of RnP programs and initiatives.
* you will extensively use data driven insights combined with business knowledge to help drive optimisation and customer experience improvement ideas.
* you will have the opportunity and challenge to constantly improve and adapt solutions to the fast-changing face of online commerce, analyse information and exercise solid judgement to bring it all together to make a tangible difference to PayPal's business - While the end objectives will be clear, the ways to achieve it will challenge you to constantly innovate and adapt.
If your skill sets match the role, you can be assured of a fulfilling career with overwhelming opportunities to learn, grow and succeed in one of the fastest growing industries in the world and Ireland.
* 2 + years of related experience in Analytics in a fast moving and matrixed environment
* Prior experience in fraud, risk management, or business analytics
* Command of Statistics and Optimisation concepts with a focus on utilizing data insights to solve business problems.
* Experience, comfort and interest in the manipulation and analysis of large datasets
* Knowledge of and experience in data and visualisation tools SAS, SQL, Teradata, Python, QlikView, Tableau
* Solid communication and presentation skills and experience visualising data is required.
* Prior experience managing a team or teams of analytics professionals is preferred
* Strong desire and ability to work in a dynamic, innovative, fast-paced environment.
* High-energy and drive
* Ability to story-tell and translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations
* Strong quantitative background
* Outstanding problem-solving skills, with strong ability to drive towards action and impact
* Ability to operate through ambiguity and change and to be able to course correct
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Innate curiosity to learn and develop
* Bachelors, MBA/ Masters of Finance, Mathematics, statistics, computer science or economics preferred or equivalent experience in an analytical role
* At least 2 years of experience in analysis required